Mama.media B.V., a company registered in The Netherlands with registered number 66640350 whose registered office is at van der Palmstraat 10, 3022 VX, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, ("Mama.media", “We”, “Us”, “Our” or “Company”), understands the importance of protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you use Our Platform.
This Privacy Statement describes the information Mama.media may collect on this Platform, how the information is used, and how you can access and correct certain information. This Privacy Statement applies to the Platform only and does not necessarily reflect practices with respect to information gathered through other services We offer or operate or the collection of information through off-line means. To review the privacy practices of those other services, please refer to the policies provided in association with each. Mama.media is the controller and responsible for your Personal Data referred to in this Privacy Statement.
What Personal Data We collect
When you visit our Platform we may collect:
- Name (first name, last name)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Postal address
- Social media details
- Information about your company.
When we refer to personal data in this Privacy Statement, we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person: an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity (“Personal Data”). Personal Data collected by Mama.media will be as reasonably necessary to fulfil your requests and to provide the most relevant, targeted offers and information from Mama.media.
How We use your Personal Data
We collect and use your Personal Data for a variety of purposes, including:
- To provide you a copy of Mama.media’s publications, such as whitepaper(s) you requested;
- To register you for access to certain areas of the Platform;
- To provide you access to demos of Our services or create a free trial account you requested;
- To communicate with you after you contacted us for further information about products, services, events, and programs or to submit questions or comments to Us;
- To subscribe you to newsletters, information, alerts, offers, and other communications;
- To request you to participate in surveys, quizzes, promotions, and contests as may be available on the Platform from time to time;
- To register you for attendance or sponsorship at events, webinars, and conferences;
- To contact you after you submitted a resume and/or job application for possible employment with Mama.media;
- To establish and maintain relationships, and in order to serve you better. When appropriate, Mama.media may also use the Personal Data separately or in combination with pre-existing information.
- To monitor incoming and outgoing Platform traffic data to help diagnose problems with Our servers and to administer Our Platform.
- To assemble broad demographic information about the Platform visitors, customers, and partners in general.
Our legal basis for processing your Personal Data
We use Personal Data collected through the Platform and otherwise as described in this Privacy Statement only when We have a valid legal ground to do so. We determine the relevant legal basis based on the purposes for which We have collected your Personal Data. The legal basis may be one of the following:
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you).
- Our legitimate interest: We may process Personal Data where necessary for the protection of Mama.media's legitimate business interests and legal rights, including, but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal proceedings or litigation).
- Compliance with applicable laws: In some cases, We may have a legal obligation to use, retain or share Personal Data.
How we share your Personal Data
We may have to share your Personal Data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
We may disclose your Personal Data to other Mama.media companies for the purpose of performing tasks that directly relate to the operating of the Platform or the requests you make through Our Platform.
Our Service Providers and Partners
We employ third party companies and individuals to provide services to operate the Platform for example application or database hosting and development. These third parties have limited access to your Personal Data to perform these tasks on Our behalf and are obligated to Us. The personnel of such third parties who use your Personal Data is limited to those individuals which are authorized to do so on a need-to-know basis and as necessary to provide these business services to Us. We do not authorize such third parties to disclose or use this Personal Data for other purposes.
We may disclose your Personal Data if required for the purposes mentioned above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of Our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable law.
Other Categories of Recipients
We may also disclose your Personal Data, usage information, and other information about you to parties acquiring part or all of Our assets, as well as to attorneys and consultants. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against Us, your Personal Data may be considered a Company asset that may be sold or transferred to third parties.
Protection of your Personal Data
Mama.media undertakes substantial efforts to protect the confidentiality of the Personal Data, preferences, and other information collected through this Platform and will never knowingly allow access to this information to anyone outside Mama.media other than as described herein. Mama.media has made a substantial investment in its server, database, backup, and firewall technologies to protect the information assets of the Mama.media network, including the confidentiality of Personal Data collected through this Platform. These technologies are deployed as part of a sophisticated security architecture and protocol.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the internet as a public transmission network data transmission over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while We strive to protect Personal Data that is transmitted to Us and once we receive it, Mama.media cannot ensure or warrant the absolute security of such information.
Links to Other Platforms
Your rights to your Personal Data
You have several rights relating to your personal data. You have the right to request access to your Personal Data, correct your Personal Data, delete, or restrict its processing, or ask us to transfer some of Your Personal Data to other organisations. You may also have the right to object to certain processing activities, and to the extent that we have asked you for consent to process your data, you have the right to withdraw this consent. Our commercial communications (such as our newsletters) contain the "unsubscribe" link or a similar way to unsubscribe from these communications or if not provided therein, by sending an email or contacting Us at the contact details provided in the Contact Us section of this Privacy Statement.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Us using the contact information outlined in the Contact Us section below.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity before any Personal Data records will be made. This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. Your rights may be limited in certain situations, for example where we can demonstrate that we are legally obliged to process your data.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with your local Data Protection Authority. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Data Protection Authority so, please Contact Us in the first instance.
Personal Data you provided will only be retained for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law.
Changes to this Privacy Statement.
Mama.media may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. Mama.media will take reasonable measures to notify you if there is a material change in Our privacy practices with respect to use of the information you have provided to Mama.media. Mama.media will post a message on the homepage of its Platform that states that the Privacy Statement has been changed and will provide a link to the Privacy Statement.
If You wish to exercise any of your rights or want to discontinue information or communications that you receive in accordance with this Privacy Statement, please contact us and supply all relevant details.
Mama.media has appointed a Data Protection Officer for you to contact if you have any questions or concerns about Mama.media’s personal data policies or practices, please send Us an email using the following address: mail [at] mama.media
Mama.media Postal address
C/o: Studio / Rob Duyser
van der Palmstraat 10
Last revision: 16-11-2023